Jason Roy is a right-hand South African-based English cricketer who plays for England in international or T20 cricket. Jason Roy is an opener batsman known for his power-hitting and aggressive batting style. He played many destructive innings for his team but Jason Roy highest score in T20 was 78 runs against New Zealand. Before we deep dive into his T20 career let’s have a brief look at Jason Roy’s player profile and his top 5 highest score in T20.
Jason Roy Player profile
|Full Name||Jason Jonathan Roy|
|DOB||21 July 1990|
|Birthplace||Durban, South Africa|
|Batting Style||Right-Hand Batsman|
|Height||6 ft 0 inches|
|Role in Team||Opening Batsman|
Top 5 Jason Roy highest score in T20
|Runs Scored||Ball Faced||Against||Date||Edition|
|78||44||New Zealand||30 March||2016|
|70||38||South Africa||12 February||2020|
|69||36||Sri Lanka||27 October||2018|
|67||45||South Africa||23 June||2017|
Jason Roy T20 Career
- Jason Roy was born on 21 July 1990 in Durban, South Africa. Later his family moved to England when he was 10 years old. Jason Roy is a right-hand opening batsman known for his powerful hitting in 20-over matches. Jason Roy Made his T20 debut for England against India in September 2014. Jason Roy has also contributed for England to reach the highest score in one Day Cricket.
- Jason Roy has played 66 matches in his T20 career and has scored 1586 runs at an average of 24.03. He has 0-century, 9 half-centuries 12 times 30+, and 9 times 20+ T20 runs. Jason Roy Highest score in T20 is 78 runs in 44 balls against New Zealand in Delhi on 16 March 2016. He smashed 71 sixes and 162 fours in his T20 career.
- Jason Roy is the only batsman in T20 history who has given out for obstructing the field. Jason Roy holds the record for the highest ODI score for England in an innings with 180 runs vs. Australia in 2018. Jason Roy along with Alex Hales holds the record for the highest-run ODI partnership for England of 256 against Sri Lanka in 2016. Let’s have a look at the stats of Jason Roy:-
Batting stats of Jason Roy:-
Top 3 Jason Roy Highest Score in T20
- Jason Roy highest score in T20 is 78 runs in 44 balls against New Zealand at Arun Jaitely stadium in the T20 World Cup 2016. He scored 11 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 172.27 in his innings. In the T20 WC 2016 semi-final, New Zealand batted and set a score of 153 runs in 20 overs.
England easily chased the score with the help of Jason Roy’s half-century. England won the match by 7 wickets and he was nominated as man of the match.
- Jason Roy second highest score was 70 runs in 38 balls in the T20 series against South Africa in 2020. He smashed 7 fours and 3 sixes at a strike rate of 184.21 in his innings. In the first match of the series, South Africa batted first and set a score of 176 in the 20 overs. Roy and Morgan’s half-century helped England clinch victory over South Africa.
- Jason Roy third highest score in T20 is 69 runs in 39 balls against Sri Lanka in Colombo on 27 October 2018. He hit 4 fours and 6 sixes at a strike rate of 191.66 in his innings. England opted to bat first and set a huge score of 187 in 20 overs with the help of Roy’s 69. Sri Lanka Failed to face England’s bowling attack, and they won the match by 30 runs.
Jason Roy holds the record for the highest ODI score for England in an innings with 180 runs vs. Australia in 2018
What is the highest score of Jason Roy in T20 International?
Jason Roy Highest score in T20 is 78 runs in 44 balls against New Zealand in Delhi on 16 March 2016.
How many runs did Jason Roy have in his T20 career?
Jason Roy has played 66 matches in his T20 career and has scored 1586 runs at an average of 24.03